In today’s digital world, the importance of video production cannot be ignored. From promotional videos to explainer videos, video production companies offer a powerful medium to tell a story and connect with your audience. But not all video productions are created equal. In fact, there are several different types of video production, each with unique purposes and approaches.
Let’s explore the primary types of video production companies create and what makes each one distinct.
Promotional videos are short clips designed to promote your brand, product, or service. These videos could take many forms, such as product demos, event recaps, or social media teasers. The key to successful promotional video production is to make them visually appealing, engaging, and informative. Promotional videos should quickly and effectively communicate the benefits of your brand.
Promotional videos are a great way to showcase a product or service while engaging with potential customers. Here are some tips for creating effective and unique promotional videos:
- Tell an authentic story: Aim to create an emotionally driven, gripping narrative that resonates with viewers.
- Incorporate brand elements: Use visuals, messaging, and sound design that reflect your brand style and values.
- Feature real customer stories: Showcase genuine experiences of customers who have used your products and services to convey its value in a more compelling way than traditional advertising methods.
- Make it visually appealing: Use compelling visuals, animation, graphics, and other multimedia elements that capture the audience’s attention.
- Include a call to action: End your promotional video with a strong call to action that encourages viewers to take action (e.g., “Sign up now”).
Explainer videos offer a more in-depth explanation of products, services, or concepts. They often feature animated characters or graphics to explain complex ideas in a simple, digestible way. Explainer videos can range from 30 seconds to several minutes long and are commonly used to introduce a product or feature to potential customers. To create an effective explainer video, you must have a clear understanding of your audience’s needs. Then, present your information in an easily understandable way.
Explainer videos are an effective way to explain complex concepts and processes in a short, engaging, and easy-to-understand format. Here are a few use cases for explainer videos:
- Product or Service Demonstration: Explainers can be used to demonstrate how your product or service works and its benefits to customers.
- Industry Education: Explainers are ideal for industry education, such as introducing the latest trends and developments in a field or providing explanations of industry terms and jargon.
- Corporate Communications: Use an explainer video to communicate company values, policies, and key messages to stakeholders concisely and effectively.
- Problem Solution: A great way to show potential customers why they should choose your solution over the competition is through an explainer video. These explain what the problem is, why it needs solving, and how you’re solving it.
Corporate videos are designed to capture the personality and culture of a business, with an emphasis on storytelling. These videos can be used for recruitment, training and onboarding employees, or customer engagement. Corporate videos enable organizations to tell their story in a compelling way that engages viewers and inspires them to take action.
An effective corporate video production company will help you plan and create an impactful corporate video that effectively communicates your brand’s story.
When creating engaging corporate videos, it’s important to ensure that the content is relevant and engaging. Here are some questions to ask yourself when creating corporate videos:
- What is the purpose of the video? Is it for product promotion, employee training, or customer education?
- Who is the target audience for this video? Are you aiming for existing customers or potential buyers?
- What message do you want to convey in this video? How can you make sure that your message comes across clearly and effectively?
- What style of video best suits your message? Should you go with a documentary-style approach or use animation, music, and imagery to create something visually appealing?
- Does this video contain interactive elements? Are there ways to make it more interactive, such as quizzes or polls, to engage viewers further?
Training & Instructional Videos
Training and instructional videos teach a specific task or function to the viewer. These videos can take on many forms, such as software tutorials, DIY guides, or employee training modules. The key to successful training and instructional video production is to break down complex material into concise and easy-to-follow steps. Your video should clearly outline your goals before diving into the instructional material.
Training and instructional videos are effective ways for businesses to educate employees or customers about products or services. Here are some things a business owner should be aware of when preparing for training and instructional videos:
- Have a clear purpose: Identify the goals you want to accomplish with your video production. For example, providing product information, demonstrating processes, or teaching skillsets.
- Define the target audience: Determine who your video will be targeting, such as new hires or existing customers. This will ensure that you can tailor its content accordingly.
- Develop engaging content: Create compelling visuals and keep your script concise yet comprehensive to ensure viewers are engaged throughout the entire video.
- Choose the Right Production Partner: You need to make sure you are working with someone who understands your vision. They should also have experience creating the types of training and instructional videos you need to be created.
- Keep it organized: Structure the course curriculum into digestible chapters and provide summaries at the end of each section. Be sure to include interactive elements throughout.
- Test the results: Gather feedback from viewers after they’ve completed watching the video. This is to make sure that it was successful in conveying your message clearly.
Testimonial videos feature satisfied customers or clients talking about their experience with your brand, product, or service. These videos can be highly effective at establishing credibility and trust with potential customers. Testimonial videos should be thoughtfully planned in advance with clear questions for interviewees. This allows customers to give thoughtful, clear responses while portraying the right message.
Testimonials are an effective way to showcase the value of a product or service through customers’ experiences. Here are some tips for creating great testimonial videos:
- Focus on authenticity: Make sure the customer’s experience is genuine and not scripted.
- Ask relevant questions: Ask questions that reveal how the product or service has improved the customer’s life or business.
- Use high-quality production values: The video should be well-lit and use professional audio equipment. It should also have good sound quality, take advantage of various camera angles, use appropriate audio tracks, and feature clean visuals with minimal distractions.
- Have a strong call to action: At the end of your testimonial video, make sure you include a clear call to action for viewers to take advantage of your offer (e.g., “Sign up today for 20% off”).
Green screen video production involves filming against a green or blue backdrop, which can then be replaced by an alternate background in post-production. This technique is used to create visual effects and scenes that may not have been possible or practical to film on location. Green screen productions are typically used for creative projects like music videos, feature films, commercials, and video games.
Green screen video production is a powerful way to create dynamic visuals and interactive content. Here are some useful tips for green screen video production:
- Choose the right space: Make sure to select a space with good lighting and minimal distractions, such as reflections or shadows that can interfere with your footage.
- Set up the equipment correctly: Ensure you have the proper equipment set up—such as a green backdrop, lights, and cameras—to achieve the desired effect.
- Use high-quality materials: For best results, use professional quality materials such as high-resolution cameras, seamless backdrops and LED light sources.
- Play with depth of field: Experiment with adjusting the depth of field by changing focus between foreground and background elements to give your footage a 3D look.
- Chroma key accurately: Adjust your chroma key settings so that there’s no bleed-through from background elements into your subject’s clothing or skin tone.
Regardless of the type of video production you require, creating a successful video requires a talented team of skilled videographers, writers, and editors working in tandem. With experience in all types of video production, Sound and Vision can help you tell your brand’s story and connect with your audience effectively. Take a look around our website to see some of the other types of video and audio content we can help you create for your vision!
Contact Sound and Vision Media today to let us know about the story you want to tell about your product or brand. We can help you on your journey to bring it to life! We are in the Boston, MA area and have been trusted by many local businesses here, but also work with many businesses outside of Boston as well.