Motion Graphics: How to incorporate animated graphics
TV commercial video production has evolved significantly throughout the years. Today, the use of animated graphics has become increasingly widespread, and it’s no surprise why. Motion graphics can be an effective way to communicate your brand’s message, deliver your advertising campaign, and grab your target audience’s attention, ultimately driving business growth. In this post, we discuss how to incorporate animated graphics into your TV commercial video production.
What are motion graphics?
Motion graphics are an animation technique whereby graphics, text, and other visual elements are used with audio to create an interesting clip. The approach is that of moving graphic design that enhances the video’s overall aesthetic. They are also highly versatile and can provide unique and appealing visual cues about your product or service.
Why incorporate motion graphics?
There are numerous benefits to incorporating motion graphics into your TV commercial video production, including:
- Grabbing the audience’s attention: Motion/animated graphics are visually appealing and can attract the audience’s attention through unique and creative ways.
- Enhancing the production value: Often, TV commercials will use motion graphics to enhance the overall visual quality of the production.
- Delivering your brand’s message: Brands can use motion graphics to add text/graphics to the video, highlighting specific brand messages, and getting them across more effectively.
- Engaging the audience: Motion graphics help to make a TV commercial’s message more engaging, which can improve recall when compared to static imagery or text.
- Increasing response rates: This can lead to improved response and better return on investment, as campaigns that deliver strong and memorable messages have a higher chance of being acted upon.
5 Steps to incorporate motion graphics into TV Commercials?
- Determine the exact message your brand wants to communicate: The first step is to identify the message that you want to communicate in your TV commercial. This message should align with your brand and your specific advertising campaign. For example, if you’re advertising a new product launch, your video should show the benefits of using the product.
- Create a storyboard: Once you have identified the message you want to deliver, you need to create a storyboard. This step is crucial as it provides a visual representation of the commercial and helps to determine the specific shots and transitions required. The storyboard should include visuals of what will be included in the motion graphics and include text, audio, and other elements that will be used.
- Choose the right tools: Choosing the right tools is instrumental in producing high-quality motion/animated graphics. Some common software to consider include Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, and Maya. Ensure this decision aligns with your team’s skillsets or consider outsourcing to experts in motion graphics.
- Incorporate visual elements: When incorporating motion graphics into your TV commercial, ensure that the visual elements align with your brand’s style guide. Your brand’s colors, logo, and typography should be incorporated as well. Utilizing your brand guidelines in the visual elements helps increase brand recognition. It can also connect with your target audience.
- Sound design: Sound design is essential to enhancing the impact of your commercial. Audio enhances your message and creates a better emotional connection with your audience while appealing to other senses. Ensure that the soundtrack is compelling and appropriate to the commercial’s message.
Here are some common use cases for motion graphics:
- Advertising: Motion graphics can help create interesting ads for digital and traditional media.
- Logo animations: Animated logos can add a dynamic element to a brand’s image and make it more memorable.
- Explainer videos: Motion graphics can help visually explain complex ideas or processes in an engaging and relatable way.
- Social media content: Short animated videos and graphics can help brands stand out and increase engagement on social media platforms.
- Event graphics: Animated graphics can help to create captivating visuals for events, such as opening credits or branded backdrops.
- Title sequences: Motion graphics can be used to create engaging title sequences for films, TV shows, and other video content.
- Interactive experiences: Motion graphics can help enhance interactive experiences, such as mobile apps or video games.
- Informational videos: Motion graphics can be used to create educational or instructional videos in an engaging and memorable way.
TV commercial video production is an essential part of any business’s marketing strategy. With the use of motion graphics, it is possible to elevate any video production’s quality and effectiveness. By incorporating motion graphics into your TV commercial, you can communicate your brand’s message more effectively, grab the audience’s attention and also drive business growth. By following the above steps and working with the correct software and tools, your video productions will stand out from the competition.